Install and Activate Steel
To use Flint on your WordPress site, you can install it directly from the WordPress admin, download from WordPress, or download from GitHub.
Install via WordPress Admin
Install via Download
- Download the plugin by clicking the “Download” link at the top of this page.
steel.zipto a sub-directory named
- Go to Plugins in the administration screen, and click on “Activate” next to Steel.
Steel adds certain capabilities through several optional modules. We are continuing to add modules, so stay tuned.
Bootstrap 3 is included with Steel, but currently requires implementation. We hope to include shortcodes and functions for carousels, accordions, and more in our next update.
Display a random quote (or testimonial) in the sidebar with our random quote widget. We are looking at embedding random quotes within a post or page in our next update.
Create profiles for board of directors, staff members, etc. and display them on a nice summary page.
- Aliases – Have multiple “pretty permalinks” point to the same post or page, or create a “pretty permalink” for an offsite link.
- Carousel – Implements Bootstrap carousel.
- Events – Add an events calendar to your WordPress site
- Podcast – Add a podcast with different channels and different feeds, available to listen online or via iTunes
Suggestions for other modules? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Like our plugin? Write us a review!
Spot a bug? Want us to add a feature? We are working on a better mechanism to provide feedback (with screenshots), but for now please add a thread on our Plugin Support Forum.
Steel is released under GNU General Public License v3 or later and the documentation on this site is released under the GNU Free Documentation License. Some of the documentation on this site is adapted from the WordPress Codex, which is used under the GNU General Public License v2.